- This event has passed.
Wed, Nov 14, 2012 @ 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Ignite BGI features social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs focused on creating social and business solutions integrating the triple-bottom-line in this innovative IGNITE. Inspiring, connecting, and engaging nearly a dozen sustainable MBA students and faculty will unleash ideas in the rapid fire presentation style of “Ignite: Enlighten us, but make it quick!” IGNITE BGI is slated for the evening of November 14, 2012 in the newly opened Center for Impact and Innovation, a unique partnership with Social Venture Partners, BGI, and HUB Seattle located in historic Pioneer Square. Ignite is a forum designed for individuals to share interesting knowledge quickly and immediately to a live audience as well as re-broadcast to the world at large online.
Ignite presenters share their personal and professional passions, using 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds for a total of just five minutes. An Ignite evening includes networking breaks to further discuss and explore interesting ideas, including networking before and after the core event. Ignite BGI features a no-host bar and light appetizers in the beautiful Center for Impact and Innovation, our home in Pioneer Square.
- Sonja Skvarla – Transformation through Gainful Employment
- Julie Mihalisin – Visualizing Impact
- Mark Kammerer – Carbon Tax in Washington State
- Casey Dilloway – Collaboration and Design in Finance and Beyond
- Scott James – Hacking Disaster Preparedness
- Joel Banslaben – In Search of the IdealSeat (aka Ferris Bueller You’re My Hero)
- Liz Feldman – From Awkward to Empowering: A Story of Money.
- Carrie Ferrence – Creating Food Oasis in Seattle
- Brian Wolters – The Overflow
- Michael “Luni” Libes – “Conscious” Companies
- Nina Carduner – Innovation through Consciousness: A Roadmap to Conscious Tech
- George Cawman – Ignite Curiosity