Programs and Services
StartZone Northwest offers a variety of programs and services that introduce entrepreneurship and help launch and grow small businesses.
- In collaboration with our community college partners, Business ESL offers a unique opportunity for ESL newcomers in our community to learn about entrepreneurship and business while improving their English. StartZone membership is not required to take advantage of this offering.
- New to the Pacific Northwest, the Ice House Entrepreneurship Mindset Series takes the mystery out of entrepreneurship. Developed by the Entrepreneurship Learning Institute with support from the Kauffman Foundation, and built on a “rigor and relevance” framework, Ice House is an innovative learning program that combines narrated chalkboard presentations with video interviews and case studies featuring modern-day examples of ordinary people who have triumphed over hardship and adversity by embracing an entrepreneurial mindset. Participants are immersed in the entrepreneurial mindset to awaken their “inner-entrepreneur” empowered to explore the possibility of self-employment, business ownership and entrepreneurship as a meaningful path to sustainable livelihoods and community wealth. StartZone membership is not required to take advantage of this offering.
- Reality Check: Starting a Business Eyes Wide Open is a monthly four-part workshop series that helps new members assess their readiness and the feasibility of their business goals and get to a quick “go-no go” decision. Members who complete the series with a business goal that “pencils out” on paper will have an opportunity to meet with a StartZone Business Specialist for one-on-one consulting.
- Our Drill Down Sessions help you build on business fundamentals in the areas of marketing, back office operations, and business finance. These workshops are generally offered weekday evenings and many are repeated quarterly. Contact us for details.
- For members with a viable business goal, our Consulting Services offer one-on-one time with a StartZone Business Specialist focused on developing a start up plan, a marketing plan, a business plan, or finding money for your business.
- StartZone members participate in MicroMentor to connect to hundreds of professional business mentors across the country for help with business fundamentals as well as industry specific advice.
- StartZone connects its members to networking opportunities to mix, mingle and meet with other StartZone members as well as local businesses.
- Referrals - If you need help that is beyond the scope of our program, or if an another program is better able to meet your needs, StartZone will provide you with a referral and a warm hand-off to the appropriate service and make sure the service is completed to your satisfaction.
If you have any questions or would like more information about StartZone Northwest, contact us by email or call us at 206.780.6230.