The BGI MBA
BGI’s MBA programs provide the core competencies of a traditional MBA while integrating sustainability throughout the curriculum. Students typically complete BGI’s programs over the course of two to three years. The MBA is offered in two formats—Metro and Hybrid—both designed for working professionals and adult learners.
BGI uses the quarter system. Students in the Hybrid style MBA in Sustainable Systems attend class during the fall, winter and spring quarters, while students in the Metro style MBA in Sustainable Business attend class in the summer quarter as well. A typical quarter for the Hybrid consists of weekly distance learning sessions and three weekend intensives (residential sessions). A typical quarter in the Metro MBA Program consists of weekly face-to-face class meetings.
The goals of our MBA programs are based on our mission to prepare students from diverse backgrounds to build enterprises that are ﬁnancially successful, socially responsible and environmentally sustainable.
Our institution aspires to:
- Provide students with the attributes, knowledge and competencies required of leaders transforming our economic system toward sustainability;
- Equip students to achieve a satisfactory ﬁnancial return for themselves and stakeholders in the very activities through which they help transform the economy;
- Create a powerful supportive network of sustainability and business experts involved in lifelong collaboration, learning and action;
- Develop curriculum, course materials and programs that will support the infusion of sustainability into mainstream business education; and
- Make tangible contributions to the theory and practice of sustainable business through research, experimentation and application.