Industry Concentrations are a core BGI initiative aimed at deepening student learning by solving real-world challenges, building industry-relevant student and alumni services and collaborating with pioneering companies to lead the transformation toward sustainability.
BGI offers Industry Concentrations in three areas:
• Sustainable Food and Agriculture Systems
• Sustainable Built Environment
• Sustainable Energy Solutions
Industry Concentrations provide BGI students the opportunity to focus their studies on specific industries. Students work closely with BGI faculty to analyze challenges and implement on-the-ground solutions. Industry Concentrations bring students together for industry-speciﬁc discussions, mentoring from industry leaders and access to industry internships and placements.
BUSINESS ADVISORY COUNCILS
BGI is currently researching and developing a BGI-OSR Business Advisory Council comprised of corporate executives, thought leaders, industry association leaders and entrepreneurs interested in assisting BGI and OSR students in a variety of ways. The role of the Business Advisory Council will be to:
- Identify and speak to current and emerging responsible and innovative business and organizational leadership trends, techniques, and tools within their industry/field
- Future-cast the most essential skills and tools needed by tomorrow’s workforce that will make BGI and OSR students relevant in the job market and ensure curricula are on the cutting-edge
- Serve as an ambassador for BGI and OSR, i.e.: advocate for student job placement, sponsor internships and projects, enroll employees in executive education, certificates, and other programs and promote BGI and OSR to colleagues and others
- Counsel BGI on design of concentration offerings
- Identify high-leverage opportunities for advancing sustainability in a specific industry
- Sponsor Action Learning Projects
- Mentor students
- Sponsor research and business initiatives